A new Report from Project ROI, Defining the Competitive and Financial Advantages of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, discusses what companies can do to create business value from Corporate Responsibility (CR) and Sustainability efforts. The report sites several ways that businesses can ensure a meaningful return on investment on CR commitments.
1. Fit: CR initiatives must fit your company’s core attributes and your key stakeholders’ expectations.
2. Commit: Make a genuine commitment to address CR and sustainability issues.
3. Manage: Think of, develop, and manage your portfolio CR practices as a valuable intangible asset.
4. Connect: Build key stakeholder awareness, trust, engagement, and affinity.
Getting results requires embracing highly disciplined and strategic management practices. When managed well, sustainability efforts will deliver results. The report finds that CR and Sustainability programs have the potential to deliver:
· Sales increases up to 20 percent.
· Reduced employee turnover rate up to 50 percent.
· Increase market value by up to 6 percent.
· Increase employee productivity by up to 13 percent.
· Provide risk protection of 4-7 percent of company value.
Get the full report here.