Sustrana is dedicated to nurturing the human spirit, protecting and promoting the common good, and bringing into the present a future vision of social, environmental, and economic harmony. This extends to our products and services, which help companies achieve their goals in a profitable, socially responsible, and environmentally sustainable way, by empowering people and leveraging software for a better future. Below are the ways we engage in bettering the social and environmental impacts of our business operations.
Current Sustainable Practices at Sustrana
Energy, Air and Carbon
- Purchase Green-e Renewable Energy Certificates and Choice Carbon Offsets equivalent to the balance of our business-related scopes 1 and 2 carbon emissions
- Purchase carbon offsets for personal vehicles and air travel
- Purchase Energy Star certified equipment and appliances
- T-5 lighting
- Use low VOC paints and carpeting
- Office located in walking distance to train station
- Prioritize conference calls and public transportation whenever possible
- Use only environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
- Provide filtered water for employees, not bottled water
- Use aerators on sinks
- Water sense toilets
Materials and Resources
- Recycle all five major categories, plus super recycling of materials such as Styrofoam and e-waste
- Compost food waste
- Engage in sustainable purchasing and printing practices
- Use non-disposable mugs, cups, plates, utensils, and hand towels
- Purchase used furniture; reuse doors removed from old house for desks
- Donate five percent (5%) of annual profits to non-profit organizations
- Screen vendors and partners for sustainable practices; prioritize B Corporations as service providers
Systems and Innovation
- Implement sustainable organizational policies
- Train all new hires and interns on sustainability principles and practices
- Develop Sustrana (an affordable online sustainability planning and management platform for SMEs)
Download a copy of our Environmental Policy here and our most recent environmental statement to stakeholders here. Please send us any questions you have, and let us know what you think about our environmental performance.
Our 2013 and 2014 social responsibility charitable donations were made to the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia. Donations are determined in June.
We live by our Code of Ethics.
We expect those with whom we engage to abide by comparable standards of conduct.
Download a copy of our Code of Ethics here.
Certifications and Ratings
Authenticity is a core component of strategic sustainability management. We hold ourselves to a high standard of social and environmental performance because we know how important it is that we exhibit within our own company what we are advising our clients to do in theirs. For us, becoming a Certified B Corporation was one way of demonstrating to others the depth of our commitment to triple bottom line management.
B Corporations are new kinds of companies that use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Certified B Corporations meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
Sustrana is proud to be certified by Women's Business Enterprise as a Certified Women's Business Enterprise. This status enables us to help our customers meet their diversity standards for working with women and minority-owned businesses.
Sustrana has been certificated under the Global Impact Investing Ratings System (GIIRS). GIIRS is a comprehensive and transparent system for assessing the social and environmental impact of companies and funds using an approach analogous to Morningstar investment rankings and Capital IQ financial analytics. GIIRS allows entrepreneurs, companies, and fund managers to better serve their customers, workers, and communities by raising capital from mission-aligned investors based on the social and environmental impact of their underlying businesses or portfolio companies.
Sustrana's GIIRS rating underscores our mission of generating positive social, environmental, and economic impacts. It helps us demonstrate our commitment to talking the talk and walking the walk, and moves us beyond anecdotes and client stories to help investors readily identify us as a company that can build value through positive revenue, as well as positive social and environmental impacts. For more information, visit the GIIRS website.